Entry-Level Drivers

Entry-Level DriversDrivers who are new to operating a commercial motor vehicle (CMV), or who plan to add a new specialization, may be required to take training under the Entry-Level Driver Training (ELDT) regulations.

Drivers are strongly encouraged to use care when selecting a training provider that will help them meet their specific ELDT requirements.

Understand Your Training Needs

  • Determine Which Training(s) You Need
  • Decide Where You Will Test and Obtain Your CDL
  • Research State Training Requirements
  • Search for Training Providers
  • Interview Training Providers
  • Enroll and Start Training

The FMCSA provides a form with the minimum federal requirements


The FMCSA also posted a link to search for Training Providers


This information is posted on the FMCSA website https://tpr.fmcsa.dot.gov/Drivers/SelectingAProvider


Drivers who are new to operating a commercial motor vehicle (CMV)...

Learn how these instant fixes help you with growing your business!

The latest data from the Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse reveals...


I help entrepreneurs and corporations see the profits they should...